Commercial law | Assistance for companies in & around Cape Town
Commercial law is another legal field that we at Etienne Genis Attorneys specialise in. Also referred to as business law, corporate law or mercantile law, this field of law applies to the rights, relations and behaviour of companies engaged in any kind of trade – be it commercial merchandising or sales. Our team offers expert advice to companies to ensure that both them and their consumers are protected.
Key skills of a proficient commercial lawyer include an in-depth understanding of business and business transactions, along with insight of how these factors intertwine in the scope of South African business in general. More importantly, you want to be sure that the commercial lawyer working on your case knows and understands company law, including the New Companies Act, the Competition Action, the Consumer Protection Act as well as a working knowledge of the different types of business entities that exist in our country.
Clients can rest assured that our team members focusing on commercial law are experienced and have an excellent understanding of South Africa’s Business Law and all matters pertaining to it.
Our services include the complete project management of any commercial legal transactions required by a client. Clients can count on us for sound advice and professional solutions – provided within budget and in line with any stipulated deadlines. With years of experience in the industry, we understand that there is no one-size-fits-all solution to assist a company with their legal matters. We therefore endeavour to provide each client with a professional, tailor-made solution that will benefit their specific case.
Our commercial law services include:
Our team at Etienne Genis Attorneys is skilled and experienced in matters pertaining to commercial law in South Africa. We have offices in Durbanville and Melkbosstrand and can therefore assist clients in the Cape Town area and surrounds.
Clients can rely on us for the following services:
- Company registrations, as well as the registration of other business formations including partnerships, close corporations and business trusts
- Drafting and review of commercial agreements and official documents such as:
- Business sales and share agreements
- Agreements between a company and its shareholders
- Memorandums of Incorporation (MOI)
- Employment contracts
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Partnership agreements
- Franchise contracts
- Company secretarial assistance (for all kinds of general requirements, including changes in company details, new directors, dealing with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC), etc.
- With specific reference to commercial properties, we can assist with:
- Sales deeds
- Drafting of lease agreements (both residential and commercial)
- Recoveries and debt collection
In all aspects of commercial law, it is of vital importance to stay compliant and stay within legislative and regulative restrictions. As our team has in-depth knowledge on various commercial acts and regulations applicable in South Africa, we will guide you in the right direction and ensure that your company stays compliant throughout. If required, our attorneys also offer to represent your company in court or in administration trials.
To discuss your company’s legal requirements with our team, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via phone or email.